Friday, January 6, 2012

Let the sorting begin

If you look at some of my rooms they are stacked with boxes and barely a path, it is some overwhelming. I could have had the Stutters people put things back where it was. Even tho they have a zillion pictures it doesn't go exactly where it should, they try anyway. I decided to have things left in boxes so I could sort, reorganize and change what I wanted. If I blindfolded you, took you into one of these rooms you might think you are on an episode of Hoarders! Yikes!!
It is quite the process to figure out where to start first. Once started you need alot of breaks from the mess just to clear your head and rethink what you are going to tackle next. You have to be in a brutal mood to cut clear of the emotional ties to objects to figure out if they stay or go.
After much thot I decided to start in my favorite room, the rec/sewing room. Really it is two areas, the place I store all my fabric, and then where I sew. I decided that out of all the rooms this is the most important to do first. I love to sew and will need a place to create and get away from the routine of the day.
After three days of cleaning, it is DONE. I really like the way it turned out. I made a few changes, not as much stuff on the ledge, my Farmers market stuff in bins and in the back room, books on the actual bookshelf and Gerry put in new side lights that make the room much brighter. I would love to show pictures, but my computer is being stubborn, what else is new!
My plan is to do something less time consuming next week, like putting all the Christmas stuff back in the closet. I figure that I can't do a big sorting project every week. I think I will be done by the end of February....oh boy do I have alot to do! Until next time..............Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment