Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's BC cold

I think the whole country is in a deep freeze. It's "BC cold" here, which means nothing to those in northern BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba. They have the corner market on cold and we rarely win in the temperature race with them, and therefore have no real reason to complain. Every morning I compare temperatures, here is this mornings findings. Vernon -18 that feels like -28c (for my American family I will translate, 0 and feels like -18f) Pambrun where Hannah is -27 and feels like -36. Bonnyville or LacLaBiche -29 (-20f).
We scurry about like mice, taking a run to the car and from the car and dare not leave without full winter gear. The snow is squeaky and the air is dry. Most of us just want to be at home sipping hot drinks and cuddling up by the fireplace (wish I had one) or under a blanket. It is what January is all about. I have a few friends who have taken holidays to warmer places. They should get a gold star for timing it so perfectly. After all if you are going to warmer places you certainly want to know that you have truly escaped winter. I am thankful that it won't last long and we will get back to the winter we know and have no reason to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment